[Freeipa-users] User Private Groups

Ryan Thomson ryan at pet.ubc.ca
Thu May 6 22:59:45 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I am wondering if FreeIPA is planning to conform to RHEL's user private group (UPG) scheme? I think having an option to enable the UPG scheme would be beneficial.

Adding a user to the v2 beta reveals that the UPG scheme is not currently being followed with all new accounts auto-added to the default "ipausers" group.

I noticed an older mailing list post by rob saying that UPG was being investigated. Has there been any progress in that investigation? Any decisions?

Thank you,

--Ryan