[Freeipa-users] Replica not syncing 'memberOf' attributes

James Roman james.roman at ssaihq.com
Thu Oct 7 15:32:43 UTC 2010

  On 10/07/2010 11:20 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> 20 is "type or value exists" - I think this means that it is
> attempting to set a referral for the master, but there already is one.
>> Curie contains the same log entry.
>>
>> But, none of the users contain the memberOf attributes on ohm.
> Does IPA have its own memberOf plugin, or is it using the one from 389?
The answer is that it can, depending on the version of 389 that was
initally installed.

Try running the following to see how many memberof plugins you have and
whether they are enabled.

[#} ldapsearch -x -D "cn=directory manager" -W -LLL -b
"cn=plugins,cn=config" -s one 'cn=*member*' cn nsslapd-pluginEnabled
Enter LDAP Password:
dn: cn=ipa-memberof,cn=plugins,cn=config
cn: ipa-memberof
nsslapd-pluginEnabled: on

dn: cn=MemberOf Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
cn: MemberOf Plugin
nsslapd-pluginEnabled: off