[Freeipa-users] updated FreeIPA documentation?

Brian LaMere brian at cukerinteractive.com
Tue Sep 7 23:45:40 UTC 2010

Let me start by saying I work at a software development co; I "get it" - so
this isn't a harsh at all.  However, the latest docs I could find (
http://freeipa.org/docs/2.0.0/Installation_Deployment_Guide/en-US/html/ ) seem
a bit outdated already.
For example, this section:

Procedure 3.1. To install the IPA server interactively:

Run the following command:

   -  ipa-server-install
      - Enter the server's host name, realm name and other details when
      prompted. When installing the master IPA server, the start values for the
      UID and GID ranges are automatically set to a random value
between 1,000,000
      and (2^31 - 1,000,000). You can pass the --uidstart and
--gidstart options
      to the ipa-server-installcommand to specify different starting values if
      desired.

---------------------------------

At this point, uidstart and gidstart don't appear to be valid flags to
ipa-server-install; this is unfortunate, because I'd really rather not start
at a number that high (while not my personal reason for wanting a smaller
number, older machines won't accept uid's that large...some won't accept
UIDs higher than 65535, in fact).

That document also references that it requires "Fedora 9 or 10" - while
we're now pushing on rawhide at 14, and describes nscd while the
default/suggested cache provider in current versions is sssd, etc.  Is there
anything a bit more current?

Is there a wiki documentation project (none shows in a couple minutes of
google searching)?  If there's nothing more current, I'd be happy to update
whatever is where ever while I'm going through it myself.

Thanks,
Brian LaMere