[Freeipa-users] updated FreeIPA documentation?

Brian LaMere brian at cukerinteractive.com
Wed Sep 8 17:01:53 UTC 2010

> What version of IPA are you looking at? I have both options in mine. Note
> that if you want to use magic-private groups only set uidstart. We made this
> configurable for those installations that may have limited UIDs.

The lastest in the fedora repo; just installed it last night.

----------------
root at myserver:/etc# rpm -qa |grep ipa-server
ipa-server-selinux-1.2.2-4.fc13.x86_64
ipa-server-1.2.2-4.fc13.x86_64
root at myserver:/etc# ipa-server-install --uidstart 5000
Usage: ipa-server-install [options]
ipa-server-install: error: no such option: --uidstart
root at myserver:/etc# ipa-server-install --gidstart 5000
Usage: ipa-server-install [options]
ipa-server-install: error: no such option: --gidstart
-----------------------

When I type "ip-server-install --help" nothing along that lines is listed,
either.

> We had the documentation in the wiki originally but it was incredibly
> difficult to keep that and our docbook-based documentation in sync so we
> dropped the wiki version. The git repo for the documentation is at
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

 Ah, I always considered it a specificity/sensitivity issue; the official
docs would have less info but would be more accurate, whereas the wiki would
be far more info but with less accuracy.  I'll check out the docs in git,
thanks!

Brian LaMere