[Freeipa-users] freeipa and postgresql

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 13:09:55 UTC 2010

Fereyre Jerome wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to connect postgresql to freeipa/kerberos to ensure user
> authentication...
> but i did not find a lot of information concerning this type of
> configuration.
>
> currently the messages i encounter arewhen i'm using the psql command:
> psql: FATAL: accepting GSS security context failed
> DÉTAIL : Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more
> information: Permission denied
> but i'm not able to find out what is the problem.
>
> Does anyone of you has already built such a configuration? can gave me
> some information or link
> to documentation to do so?

I don't know anything about kerberizing postgres but I would guess that
you created a service keytab for psql, is that right? Check the
permissions of the keytab. Permission denied usually means that the
server can't read its own keytab.

If this doesn't fix it can you outline what you've done so far in
configuring psql?

rob