[Freeipa-users] userPassword change with ldif

Doug Chapman prjctgeek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:12:18 UTC 2010

I'm working on migrating from SunDS to IPA and I've got everything moved
over, but I'm having some issues with userPassword.  I'd like users to be
able to connect with their existing passwords and set an force a password
expiration after our transition is done.

I can copy the {SHA} hash from SunDS to IPA and ldap authentication works in
IPA, but when I try to use kinit user at REALM it is failing with an 'invalid
password'.

I've looked through the schema and can't find a separate 'krbPassword'
entry, can someone clarify for me why this is failing?

Is there another place where the password is stored besides userPassword ?

tia

DougC