[Freeipa-users] Upgrade from Fedora 11 to 13

Dan Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:03:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

We have 2 FreeIPA servers. The slave has already been upgraded from
Fedora 11 to 13 and I am preparing to upgrade the master from 11.

Does anyone have any hints/tips for this process? I'm planning to use
preupgrade (Which worked fine for the slave server). I'm just
concerned about what to do if there are any problems.

I'll obviously take a full backup before I start.

If the upgrade fails and I need to re-install, will it be OK to just
configure it as a new server? I guess that I'll need to copy in the
certificate, but can I just replicate from the slave server? Or will
the slave server replicate my new server and lose everything?

Thanks,

Dan