[Freeipa-users] changing search base during migration?

Brian LaMere brian at cukerinteractive.com
Wed Sep 22 19:51:57 UTC 2010

seems to, yes (some values changed, but consistently):

# ldapsearch -LLL -h oldserver.briandomain.com -x -s base -b ''
namingcontexts
dn:
namingcontexts: dc=briandomain,dc=com

However, when I go to the "oldserver" and look in the logs, I see this:

conn=1416 op=1 SRCH base="dc=brian,dc=internal" scope=0
filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="namingContexts"

Since I'm going from "dc=briandomain,dc=com" to "dc=brian,dc=internal"
 (mostly due to the forward and reverse lookups, which I don't want to mess
around with extensively for the actual domain) then looking for
namingContexts within that base won't work; I would like instead to just
grab everything from one base, and import it in to the new base.

Is it not working as you would expect it?  Or, is it just not possible to do
what I'm wanting?

Thanks :)
Brian