[Freeipa-users] 6.1 beta

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 21:07:59 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 04:43 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 10:28 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

>>> Please see the requested output below. This is taken from the IPA
>>> server, which had the issue. DNS servers in resolv.conf set to the IP of
>>> the IPA server.
>>>

>>> # hostname -d
>>> ix.test.com
>>>
>>> # more sssd.conf
>>> [sssd]
>>> services = nss, pam
>>> config_file_version = 2
>>>
>>> domains = ix.test.com
>>> [nss]
>>>
>>> [pam]
>>>
>>> [domain/ix.test.com]
>>> cache_credentials = True
>>> ipa_domain = ix.test.com
>>> id_provider = ipa
>>> auth_provider = ipa
>>> access_provider = ipa
>>> chpass_provider = ipa
>>> #ipa_server = _srv_, ipa01.ix.test.com
>>> ipa_server = ipa01.ix.test.com
>>>
>>> [domain/default]
>>> cache_credentials = True
>>> krb5_realm = IX.TEST.COM
>>> krb5_kdcip = ipa01.ix.test.com:88
>>> auth_provider = krb5
>>> chpass_provider = krb5
>>> krb5_kpasswd = ipa01.ix.test.com:749
>>>
>> That's very strange. There should be no issue with using _srv_ in this
>> configuration. Would you mind setting 'debug_level = 9' in
>> [domain/ix.test.com], turning _srv_ back on, restarting SSSD, trying a
>> request and then send me /var/log/sssd/sssd_ix.test.com.log to look at?
>> I'd like to know why we're failing to resolve it.
>>
> Sure, see the attached file. I'm sending private, unscrambeled.
>
> For some reason it started working now, sluggish, but working. Takes
> 0.488s to look up a new user account using "# id username"
>
> The log file is too much to read for me just now, it's getting late. :)

Can you show me the output from 'dig' instead of SRV? The logs you sent
seem to be telling me that the TTL is set to something extremely short,
because we're marking it as expired pretty much instantly.

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.