[Freeipa-users] Installing on CentOS 5.X?

Gavin McQuillan gavin at urbanairship.com
Tue Apr 12 20:57:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

We're moving to a vendor which only supports servers with CentOS or RHEL.

I see a 2 1/2 year old document for building SRC RPMs to get an older
version of ipa-server running:
http://howtoforge.com/how-to-build-rhel-ipa-rpms-for-centos-5. However there
are problems with it.

- It's missing several steps and/or or the package names have changed since
5.2.
- Some people hint that 'centos-ds' located in the testing should serve the
same purpose, but it looks like it only supports basic LDAP administration.
- Naturally, this repo config doesn't work:
http://freeipa.org/downloads/freeipa-devel.repo

Has anybody in the community successfully gotten a relatively recent version
of FreeIPA installed on CentOS 5.X?

Thanks in advance,
-Gavin