[Freeipa-users] authconfig-gtk & sssd

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 12:32:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:47:19PM +0200, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Quick question - is there any plan to enable system-config-authentication to enable/configure sssd on RH-5/6 systems?
> Thanks,
>
> Ondrej

I should be already possible in RHEL6 provided you tell authconfig to use
only the features SSSD supports. As man authconfig(1) states:

-----
When the configuration settings allow use of SSSD for user information
services and authentication, SSSD will be automatically used instead of
the legacy services and the SSSD configuration will be set up so there is a
default domain populated with the settings required to connect the services.
-----

You may end up with using nss-ldap if you told authconfig to use netgroups
with an SSSD release that does not support it yet, for example.

There are currently no plans to expand the support in RHEL5 beyond what
is there now (--enablesssd and --enablesssdauth that enable the NSS and
PAM modules).