[Freeipa-users] changing domain name

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:10:07 UTC 2011

I'm having a debate with our hostmaster.  His general complaint is that
systems like AD and FreeIPA should not be so closely tied to the domain
name because some standard such as his group distributes include a hostname
that may change every few years (moving datacenters etc).

Since I am not deep in AD for FreeIPA (i just lurk the list and play with
FreeIPA whenever I get a chance, which isn't as often as I'd like), does
anyone have any solid points about this to help educate me so I can
understand better, and thus hopefully get him to understand why its
necessary?

-greg