[Freeipa-users] Solaris 10 as IPA Client?

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Dec 7 22:45:35 UTC 2011

8><-------

> "Vendors" in NZ just import in a box, its a function of our small population, few have any depth of knowledge....a few have happily admitted to me that if we buy the hardware they will get some training....until then they are as clueless as we are.

Wow. Are you talking to technical staff or to sales people there?

--
natxo

hehe....

Its usually sales ppl, very few tehcies.....typical sales of a few "boxes" per year....you dont have many techies on that quantity.....for instance with BlueArc/Hitachi they have imported a techy/architect over from OZ for a week to set this up....this is one of the first setups in NZ, there may not be another for many months.....

This is normal for NZ. Anything we do even until recently with RedHat...(no architects or any Red Hat employees on the ground here) is they fly over from OZ....So we used to see RH architect 2 times a year if we were lucky....now we have some senior level ppl in Auckland....

:D

So I finally have a RH senior to talk to here.......in MS heaven that's cool. (everything here is Microsoft).

NZ is so small.....we have 5000 employees that makes us something like in the top 20 biggest organisation in NZ.........

But if you think thats bad, I also deal with some pacific islands they get their hardware from NZ.....and they are poor.....Im talking to a friend in one island and the biggest 3 organisations there use freenas for a SAN/NAS....

regards