[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA_demonstration_tools CA creation error.

Mercer, Rodney rmercer at harris.com
Wed Dec 14 16:04:03 UTC 2011

I've been attempting to install the virtual machine setup from
http://freeipa.org/page/FreeIPA_demonstration_tools

I install on fresh Fedora 15 x86_64 host, and I am able to complete the first two steps.

When I run the last script,
./ipa-demo.sh
I get from the ipa-demo-<date>.log
----
CRITICAL:root:failed to configure ca instance
----
and later in the log:
----
Warning: skipping DNS resolution of host master.example.com
The IPA Master Server will be configured with
Hostname:    master.example.com
IP address:  192.168.122.32
Domain name: example.com
----
and
----
Configuring certificate server: Estimated time 3 minutes 30 seconds
  [1/17]: creating certificate server user
  [2/17]: creating pki-ca instance
  [3/17]: configuring certificate server instance
Unexpected error - see ipaserver-install.log for details:
 Configuration of CA failed
Server installation failed!
Domain f15-ipa-server destroyed

Domain f15-ipa-server has been undefined
----

I see the dhcp address changing for master.example.com each time the script is run.
Is there a requirement for making the dhcp address consistent for master.example.com
and having the address in /etc/hosts so that it can reverse resolve via dnsmasq?

Or does the DNS resolution of ip to host have any bearing on the certificate creation as I suspect?

--
Rodney Mercer
Systems Administrator