[Freeipa-users] Sudo configuration question

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 21:59:45 UTC 2011

I have been working through configuring sudo via IPA and ran into the
following situation.

There is a directive in the documentation to configure
/etc/sssd/sssd.conf on the clients with something like the following:

ldap_netgroup_search_base = cn=ng,cn=compat,dc=example,dc=com

This is pulled from the docse here for reference:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/example-configuring-sudo.html

This is fine and causes no problems, however, when I mistakenly left it
out on a few systems, sudo continued to function, so I am wondering what
it is that this directive does? Does this get sssd into the loop to
cache sudo rules for offline use?

Any ideas?

-Erinn