[Freeipa-users] ns-slapd hang/segfault

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 15:12:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 17:39 -0500, Dan Scott wrote:

> This is possible... oops. I tried a few times to add another replica
> (fileserver3) which failed as I mentioned above. The replication
> process got most of the way through and showed up on one of the
> servers, but not the other, so I removed the replica. It's possible
> that I force removed fileserver2 by mistake.

In this case the only way out is to reinstall fileserver2.

> > Can you look into cn=config and see if you have references toi
> > fileserver2 ?
> > Maybe it is just a bug in displaying actually active replicas.
>
> I'm using 'jxplore' LDAP browser (my command line LDAP skills aren't
> very good, I can't seem to get the kerberos authentication working
> properly. In any case, I'm having trouble authenticating because of
> the problems mentioned above) and did an unauthenticated search for
> cn=config on fileserver1, no results.

cn=config is a separate tree within DS it is not a subtree of the data
partition, you need to use that as the basedn in jxplore.

> In cn=ipa,cn=etc there are: cn=masters which contains an entry for
> fileserver1 and cn=replicas which is empty.

This strongly indicate you force deleted fileserver2, which is very
unfortunate. Be careful with --force we imposed such a flag for a very
good reason.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York