[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA future releases.

Hemminger, Corey Lee. [heco0701@stcloudstate.edu] heco0701 at stcloudstate.edu
Fri Feb 4 21:00:46 UTC 2011

I have 2 questions. First is a possible idea of when FreeIPA v2 will go gold and have the final stable release? This will help me with my lab and small data center planning. Also second is more of a suggestion, and that you guys should look at incorporating DHCP into IPA like you did DNS. Also for it to be able to dynamically update the DNS with machines that connect to the network. I work inside but separate from a college campus network and we have laptops coming and going from our network and being a research lab we are always tearing machines down and rebuilding them and renaming them.

Thanks,

Corey Hemminger
SCSU - BCRL/HPCG
Systems/Networking