[Freeipa-users] limit access to a specific CN

Peter Doherty doherty at hkl.hms.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 15 23:30:51 UTC 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 14:45 , Simo Sorce wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:09:07 -0500
> Peter Doherty <doherty at hkl.hms.harvard.edu> wrote:

>>> What would you put into this container?
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> rob
>>
>> The first thing I'm looking to do with it is have a web server that
>> has account information stored in LDAP, and to allow users to to
>> ldap authentication.  The users logging into the web server would be
>> <snip>
>
> It is possible to do using LDAP tools and then setting an ACI on the
> container to give the user you want full control on that container.
>
> Simo.

Simo,

This gave me a good starting point, and after reading some more, I'm starting to wrap my brain around what I want to do and how to do it.
LDAP has a steep learning curve, IMHO.
Can you recommend any GUI tools for creating/modifying the ACI for the container?  I started to try and create an ACI using the ones within FreeIPA as a reference, but if there's a GUI that would be useful too.  I checked out Apache Directory Studio which looks nice, but doesn't seem to support the schema that FreeIPA is using.

--Peter