[Freeipa-users] 389 DS server closing connection after upgrade from Fedora 12 to 13

tomasz.napierala at allegro.pl tomasz.napierala at allegro.pl
Mon Feb 21 22:55:09 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-21, at 15:09, Rob Crittenden wrote:

> Boy, it could be a lot of things. I'd start by checking the SELinux log
> in /var/log/audit.log. Are you running in permissive or enforcing mode?

SELinux was disabled during the test

> telnet is not very effective on SSL ports, you might want to try a real
> search. This assumes your IPA CA cert is in /etc/ipa/ca.crt:
>
> $ TLS_CACERT=/etc/ipa/ca.crt ldapsearch -H ldaps://`hostname` -x -b
> 'dc=example,dc=com' uid=admin

It does not work. Connection is closing immediately. It does not work for ldap either. I attached telnet part just to show that connection is closing, as you can see it there clearly.

> Is the ns-slapd process going away or just refusing to accept
> connections? Is anything in the access log after you try one?

> tcp        0      0 :::636                      :::*                        LISTEN      1307/ns-slapd
> tcp        0      0 :::389                      :::*                        LISTEN      1307/ns-slapd

As you can see in my original message, ns-slapd is running, listening, accepting connections, but closing them immediately. I will check alpha version mentioned by Simo.

Regards,
--
Tomasz Z. Napierała
Systems Architecture Engineer,