[Freeipa-users] Unable to start the krb5kdc

James Roman james.roman at ssaihq.com
Tue Jan 25 17:04:25 UTC 2011

I noticed today that one of our FreeIPA 1.2.2 servers has stopped
issuing tickets. When I attempt to restart all the IPA services the
krb5kdc service failed to restart with the following error:

krb5kdc: Unable to access Kerberos database - while initializing
database for realm DOMAIN.COM

I don't see any issues with the local LDAP database, or the kdc account
in the LDAP database. I suspect the problem is with the ticket granting
ticket on the problem server, but am unsure how to go about validating
this assertion. I have not tried to restart the ipa services on the
working server for fera that it might stop working.