[Freeipa-users] Automounter maps

Ondrej Valousek ondrejv at s3group.cz
Thu Jul 7 12:36:17 UTC 2011

On 01.07.2011 16:33, Adam Young wrote:
> With automount, what we found is that there is a wide array of implementation approaches.  Based on talking with people that are
> interested in IPA, we found that people can't even agree on whether the users home directories should be automatically created when the
> user is added to the system.  Often, people have multiple locations, and the user does not get a home directory for a location until they
> need it.  Thus, we've taken the blank slate approach to automount policy.

Ok, I did not mention automounter maps at this point, I only discussed the very first step - how to bind automounter to our DS.
And there, as I believe, should be wide consensus that the approach described above is the best (I even believe that anonymous binds to the
DS should be forbidden by default - the same way AD does).

By having it a part of the /ipa-client-install/ procedure we would sort out many questions about not-working automounter (see the recent
discussion on this list) so admins can directly concentrate on the automounter maps.

Will I get any attention if I submit a RFE into the RedHat bugzilla? I can try to code something myself but I am not too god in python :-( .

Thanks,
Ondrej