[Freeipa-users] Dead Freeipa

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 21:10:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 20:58 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just went back to the prrod of concept to have a wee play and I find that without going near it for a month when I try and join a new client I get a client / server version mismatch.....quite why on an unchanged environment this occurs is a mystery.
>
> So Ok I have put the new client and ipa server onto the internet and patched them, but now IPA wont start.....like Oops...
>
> The KDC is dead,

The KDC simply tells you it can't operate w/o Directory Server running.

[..]

> and named isnt or wont run any longer.....

Same here, the bind-dyndb-ldap plugin depends on Directory Server
running.

> dirsrv isnt running....

Here is the culprit, check DSs access and errors log and see if there
are any complaints there.

Also if you run service ipa start do you get errors ?

> Ive attached a screenshot of the boot fail
>
> Ive looked through messages and other logs, cant see any reason for this.....

Try the above, see if you missed anything.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York