[Freeipa-users] Dead Freeipa

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 13:16:39 UTC 2011

Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Further issues, when I change the password in freeipa gui, and then login to the first RHEL5.6 guest it asks for the password and insists on a change, but doesnt update it, so I cant login.

We need a lot more details:
* what release of freeipa on what platform
* what version of ipa-client do you have installed on 5.6
* were any errors logged on either the client or the server?
* how do you know the password wasn't updated?

If you started your services manually on the server did you start
ipa_kpasswd?

rob