[Freeipa-users] sync passwords with AD or not per user

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 21:31:22 UTC 2011

On 06/07/2011 03:29 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought with freeipa 2.0 it could only sync passwords?
Usually PassSync works in conjunction with Windows Sync - you first sync
the users from AD to IPA, then when the AD password changes, PassSync
finds the corresponding user in IPA (synced over by Windows Sync), then
sends the updated password for that user.
> Basically our security manager wants stricter and stronger password control on our financial linux powered servers than is the policy set in AD, which is pathetic....
What sort of password control?  Minimum length?  Character classes?
Password history checking?