[Freeipa-users] Connecting ubuntu, Centos 5.x and netbsd to IPA server

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Jun 9 00:43:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am still tryig to figure getting ubuntu connected....

So to get a non-rhel client computer into freeipa the first thing I have to do is make a client computer instance in freepia first? or doesnt it matter? ie can a non rhel client only do authentication or can it be acted upon fully as per a rhel client?

Are there certificates for ssl or something that have to be copied over to the client(s)?

I dont have it working yet beyond I can do a kinit and admin and give a password and then do klist etc....

:/

Its proving very painful....

regards

Steven

8><----

Maybe this article could be a good jumping-off point?
http://www.aput.net/~jheiss/krbldap/howto.html

It's pretty old, but seems to bring together many things and overview them well, with enough static examples to give you a feel for what you're getting into.

8><---

thanks, its helping.