[Freeipa-users] Disable ldap dns lookup in freeipa?

Stamper, Brian P. (ARC-D)[Logyx LLC] brian.p.stamper at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 13 22:00:15 UTC 2011

Yeah, about an hour ago I wiped out my 1.x installs, upgraded my machines to Fedora 15, and installed 2.0.  The UI came up out of the box (gnome issues on Fedora 15 aside).  I just got my first client added with --force.  Onward and upward.

Thanks,

-brian

On 6/13/11 2:43 PM, "Rob Crittenden" <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:

Stamper, Brian P. (ARC-D)[Logyx LLC] wrote:

> I understand that, what I'm asking is "Is --server required to be
> configured somewhere for 'normal' ipa use?" I can use -server on the
> command line. It also seems I can choose to disable SRV lookups when
> doing ipa-client-install after the SRV lookup fails. Is there anywhere
> else that I need to configure it? I guess I assumed that if ipa-finduser
> does a SRV lookup that just using ipa for authentication would also do a
> SRV lookup. Is that not the case?

The client configuration is separate from the administrative tools.

With the admin tools yes you need to specify --server to avoid the SRV
lookup. I don't see a way in the code around that (other than to not
have SRV records).

If you pass --server and --force to ipa-client-install it will force it
to not use DNS discovery.

In the long run you are probably better off looking at 2.0 if you are
looking to deploy.

rob