[Freeipa-users] TLS: hostname does not match CN in peer certificate

Pieter Baele pieter.baele at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:15:37 UTC 2011

Probably, this question is been asked before....

I try to register an IPA client but get the following error.
(primary kerberos are AD hosts, so I use --server etc)

What can be wrong? The necessary firewall ports are opened....

ipa-client-install --server testclient03 --domain example.org

root        : ERROR    LDAP Error: Connect error: TLS: hostname does
not match CN in peer certificate
Failed to verify that testclient03 is an IPA Server.
This may mean that the remote server is not up or is not reachabl

Greetings PieterB