[Freeipa-users] freeipa and NAS

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 15:59:27 UTC 2011

On 06/28/2011 06:34 AM, Joachim Badzong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody real experience to bind an QNAP NAS or an freenas box to an
> freeipa server ?
> First of all it would of course best to get the original QNAP bound to
> freeipa. I assume that would have to done by AD.
> Alternative would be to install freenas and get that bound to freeipa.
> By LDAP ? Or by AD ?
>
> Thanks for any good hints.
> J.

I did a quick search on the freenas web site. I do not find any mention
of Kerberos.
That makes me think that it can't be configured to use Kerberos.

The LDAP config instructions are here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/LDAP
IPA users are in the "cn=users, cn=accounts,  <baseDN>"

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,