[Freeipa-users] Announcing FreeIPA v2 Server Release Candidate 2 Release

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Mar 1 21:22:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

Yes Ive now figured it out....the KVM software seems to spit the dummy
every day or so and simply stop forwarding / returning dns requests....

I have uninstalled rc1 and installed rc2 but its still dying with the
previous msgs....so it wont survive a reboot, but kinit admin etc works
fine before the reboot....

===========
[root at fed14-64-ipam001 init.d]# /usr/sbin/ipactl start
Starting Directory Service
Starting dirsrv:
    IPA-AC-NZ...                                           [  OK  ]
    PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]
Error retrieving list of services {'matched':
'cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz', 'desc': 'No such object'}
Is IPA installed?
Failed to read data from Directory Service
Shutting down
Shutting down dirsrv:
    IPA-AC-NZ...                                           [  OK  ]
    PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]
[root at fed14-64-ipam001 init.d]#

regards