[Freeipa-users] Standalone or VM instance of FreeIPA

Steven Bernstein sbernst at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:43:39 UTC 2011

Hey there! Please forgive my n00b level question, but is there good
documentation on setting up a test environment using FreeIPA?

I'd like to tinker with this using VMware if possible.  I took a cursory
look on Google and Bing, but mostly found pay-for VM Appliances.

I really would like to learn how to set it up (with the help of the install
scripts... I'm not scared of install work, but those scripts were created
for a reason)

My point is: When I go to run the installation script on my Fedora box, it
tells me the script cannot be run unless the IP resolves in both
directions.  Is there a 'decent' way to go 'round this?  Looking for help,
if you please.

Thanks so much!

Steven