[Freeipa-users] Standalone or VM instance of FreeIPA

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Tue Mar 22 18:34:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:49:07AM -0500, Steven Bernstein wrote:
> Would you be able to point me towards an instructable / how-to on that,
> please?

These were my notes for setting it up on rhel5 some time ago:
http://fluxcoil.net/doku.php/kerberos/3_setup_bind
Yet one has to know some basics to be able to debug things in case
its not running from start.

> Or is the hosts file solution simpler?  B/c otherwise I'll try to
> do both and just show back up here at the list-serv, pouting.

Wasnt sure if FreeIPA was ok with hosts or is really insisting on dns
(some other software does), but since Stephen cleared it up its
the much easier solution to go for you.

Christian