[Freeipa-users] NIS/local files to IPA migration

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 12:31:59 UTC 2011

On 03/27/2011 06:14 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written some scripts for migration from NIS/local files to IPA.
> They will import the passwd, group, netgroup, and hosts  maps.
>
> This is the first version, be aware of bugs. :)
>
> Please read the README file before using.
>
> You can download them from here if you are interested:
> http://www.nixtra.com/ipa/NIS-TO-IPA-current.php

Thank you for the contribution!
I see that it is under GPL v2. Would you mind relicensing it under GPL v3?
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

Would you be interested in these scripts being incorporated into the
project source?
Rob, can you please take a look into this? Should we consider rewriting
them in Python and incorporating into the main tool set or leave and use
as is?