[Freeipa-users] client setup failure

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 08:20:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 00:08 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Trying to set up a fed14 cleint and since DNS is on the AD server (dc0002) there is no dns_discovery....so as per doc I ran the install and it should ask me for the info....but it fails with,
>
> Complete!
> [root at fed14-64-cli01 yum.repos.d]# ipa-client-install
> DNS discovery failed to determine your DNS domain
> Please provide the domain name of your IPA server (ex: example.com): ipa.ac.nz
> Retrieving CA from dc0002.ipa.ac.nz failed.
> Command '/usr/bin/wget -O /tmp/tmpzR381G/ca.crt http://dc0002.ipa.ac.nz/ipa/config/ca.crt' returned non-zero exit status 4
> [root at fed14-64-cli01 yum.repos.d]#
>
> So its asking the dns server for the cert which doesnt have it instead of the ipa server....which does.
>
> I think the install script needs some work....
>
> regards

What is a content of _ldap._tcp.ipa.ac.nz DNS SRV record? IPA client
installation uses this DNS record in an autodiscovery of IPA server in
the given DNS domain.

You may want to check the DNS record or set the domain and server
manually:

# ipa-client-install --server=<your_IPA_server> --domain=<domain>

Regards,
Martin