[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

nasir nasir kollathodi at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 19:30:27 UTC 2011

Adam,
I tried to follow your recommendations with RHEL 6.1 beta on server and client machine. Centralized login and such things work. I have NFS service too working. But automount is not working.  For the time being I configured my server as NFS server and created a folder /export as a share for creating home folder. I have pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.so enabled in pam files for autocreation of home folders. Now I can manually mount the /export nfs share on the server and the client successfully. But when I do that on server for testing and try to login as a new user(e.g abc), it is not creating home folder. It gives the following error,
oddjob-mkhomedir[16401]: error setting permissions on /home/abc: Operation not permitted
I have given 777 for my /export and rw permission in /etc/export. Output of the command ipa automountlocation-tofiles default.

/etc/auto.master:/-      /etc/auto.direct/share  /etc/auto.share/home   /etc/auto.home---------------------------/etc/auto.direct:---------------------------/etc/auto.share:---------------------------/etc/auto.home:*       -rw,nfs4,sec=krb5,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 openipa.cohort.org:/export/home/& I tried reading many docs(RHEL deployment guide, google, FreeIPA doc etc). The problem is that they are confusing and conflicting in many cases.
Please advice me how to proceed.
Thanks and Regards,Nidal

                                                        Nidal,

                                                        OK, I'd probably