[Freeipa-users] /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-* permissions

Charlie Derwent shelltoesuperstar at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:11:35 UTC 2011

Hi

First time posting on the mailing list so go easy on me :-)

I've installed freeipa on our network and noticed that no real user owns the
folders /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-PKI-IPA and /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-TEST-NET.
Isn't this going to cause logrotate errors? I have a feeling this came about
because I installed freeipa then had to uninstall it, then re-installed it
again and the UID and GID's I'm seeing may have been the previous pkisrv and
dirsrv users/groups. If this is true can I just manually chown the
directories and if so what permissions should I set?

Thanks
Charlie