[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

nasir nasir kollathodi at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 16:57:54 UTC 2011

Adam/Nalin,
Two cases,
  1) When I am testing this by manually mounting the nfs share(which is /xtra )on the NFS server itself using the following command,
 #mount -vvvv -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5 nfsserver.cohort.org:/ /home
I get whatever problem I described in previous mail(permission issues). Now this could be because here IPA is not managing the user/group permissions completely(Correct me if I am wrong in this assumption) and all the problem you described happen.
2) When I DO NOT mount manually and instead I try to login as a new user on the nfsserver machine,  It creates the home folder for this user on the /home partition of nfsserver machine because automount is NOT working and hence there is no mounted partition to confuse things. So to be able to test it properly, I need to fix the issue in automount and get the case #2 tested and working properly with /home automatically mounted from the nfsserver. This is my "ipa automountlocation-tofiles default"  output,
/etc/auto.master:/-      /etc/auto.direct/share  /etc/auto.share/home   /etc/auto.home---------------------------/etc/auto.direct:---------------------------/etc/auto.share:---------------------------/etc/auto.home:*       -rw,sec=krb5,soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 nfsserver.cohort.org:/xtra/home/&

Is this OK ? Please help.
Thanks and regards,Nidal