[Freeipa-users] freeipa and AD

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu May 19 22:06:50 UTC 2011

is this how ipa works?

End State 5. A cross-realm trust is established between UNIX-based Kerberos and Active Directory–based Kerberos in UNIX and Windows infrastructures that remain separate. Windows and UNIX clients each authenticate to their own Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) and (if the trust is two-way) can then access resources hosted by computers on the other side.

My understanding is its simpler.....just a password sync?  which I guess is achieved by that password sync.

regards

Steven