[Freeipa-users] IPA Startup issues

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Mon May 23 21:20:27 UTC 2011

On 05/23/2011 09:11 PM, Christian Horn wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 08:58:53PM +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
>> I just built a brand new RHEL6.1 64bit server and installed ipa-server
>> and despite setting up the chkconfig's it wont start on boot...it
>> will start manually later by hand...
> Works out of the box for my virt-installed virtual machine
> and using my notes from
> http://fluxcoil.net/doku.php/snippets/linux_quickshotsetups/ipa_server6
> for the ipa installation.
>
> Christian
Hi,

My issue is startup of IPA only occurs when the host is extremely busy,
such as after a reboot of the host machine when the disk is grinding and
the cpu is almost going up in flames of all the virtual machines
starting at once. With the IPA virtual machine being one of the virtual
machines struggeling for cpu and disk io. :)

Thanks for the link, this sums up just about what I've noticed is
required out of a stock build to make IPA work as well. I usually just
do "ipa-server-install --setup-dns", and the rest is auto-detected.

Rgds,
Siggi