[Freeipa-users] Problem installing client on server

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 17:31:21 UTC 2011

tomasz.napierala at allegro.pl wrote:

> On 4 lis 2011, at 14:52, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>
>> Can you provide more context from the client install log (or the whole log)?
>

> Sure:
> http://pastie.org/2810505
>
> One more thing:in that domain (.dc2) there is already working IPA 1.x, and we have DNS entries pointing to that installation. It might be KDC autodiscovery issue, but how can I disable auto discovery?
>
> Regards,

I'm not really sure what is going on. It could be that there is some
interference from the v1 server but we pass enough arguments into the
client installer that it shouldn't need to do muhc.

It would help if you instrumented ipa-client-install to display the
value of ret when it is failing so we can know specifically why it failed.

rob