[Freeipa-users] [Freeipa-interest] Is it ready?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 22:50:42 UTC 2011

On 11/08/2011 04:16 PM, Griffing, Thomas (Tom) wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I am a consultant for Verizon and have been tasked with determining the best technology for centralizing authentication for Red Hat servers to the Microsoft AD servers.  I have looked at IPA and the JBoss presentation reads well, but I'd like to know if IPA is ready for use in the corporate environment.
>
> If it is ready, what is the best distribution for hosting IPA?  RHEL 6.1, RHEL 6.2b, Fedora, ???
>
> Looking forward to your rely.
>
> Thomas Griffing
>

> Verizon Proprietary
> NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for the use by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message

Hello,

Best place for such questions is freeipa-users list.
You can try IPA in Fedora.
If you want some supported version than it is coming out as a part of
the RHEL6.2 later _*this*_ year.
It is currently a part of the RHEL6.2 beta so you can give it a try.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,