[Freeipa-users] Fedora 16 installer

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 06:09:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> I just installed Fedora 16 and noticed that there now was an option
> for using FreeIPA as autentication database. Awesome!
>
> But why the normal ldap/kerberos options that met me when I chose
> FreeIPA (see the attachment). I was picturing auto-detection, and
> just a username and password, same as the simplified CLI installer.
Looks like it wasn't finished well enough in time to release and
re-used existing LDAP settings page. This is just my guess, this was
done outside FreeIPA team.

> Is this on the roadmap for the Fedora/RHEL installer?
Would be nice, indeed. Could you please raise a bug for Fedora
installer to improve 'FreeIPA authentication' settings page? And add
me to the CC: list.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy