[Freeipa-users] LDAP authentication into FreeIPA

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Tue Nov 15 21:28:41 UTC 2011

> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 20:40 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I dont think there is much realistic hope of getting windows to
>> authenticate to freeIPA......the others should be able to and the
>> fedora docs on the freeipa documentation web page list a specific
>> method for macs for one (but I have not tried it yet, but I will
>> be)....ubuntu has been mentioned before....I have to try/do that as
>> well....
>>
>> Siggi sent me some notes a while back,
>>
>> =============
>>
>> Ubuntu client install
>
> I don't have all of the details handy right now, but I know Timo
> Aaltonen was working on porting SSSD and ipa-client to Ubuntu in order
> to support the enhanced client enrollment available with those two
> packages.
>
> The SSSD and its dependencies are available in his PPA here:
> https://launchpad.net/~tjaalton/+archive/ppa

Just tried to install sssd from the above repo.

There's only packages for the old 10.04 lucid and 10.10 maverick,
nothing for 11.04 natty or 11.11 oneiric. I tried to install on natty
using packages from maverick, but it depends on packages no longer
available in the natty package tree. :(

However for oneric sssd 1.5.13 seem to have made it into the universe
package tree:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/sssd

Rgds,
Siggi