[Freeipa-users] installing freeipa v2 server fails at "configuring certificate server instance"

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 14:57:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Thomas Sailer wrote:

> On 11/16/2011 03:14 PM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> >maybe that's because server.xxxx.com resolves to IPv6 address? We
> >pass FQDN of the server to pkisilent, and then it tries to set up
> >and start CA.
> It doesn't:
> # dig server.xxxx.com
and 'getent hosts server.xxxx.com' gives the same?

What was in the /etc/hosts as well?

In my case F16 install works fine with IPv6 address assigned by
default to eth0, I didn't need to change anything there. What's more
important, CA listens on all interfaces, without binding to a specific
address.

I've upgraded to current updates repo and no difference is noted.

Could you please file a bug with all details on pki-silent?
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy