[Freeipa-users] Delete host: Unable to communicate with CMS (Not Found)

Dan Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:58:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 14:01, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dan Scott wrote:

>>> Hmm, ok, lets see if we can talk to the cert system at all.
>>>
>>> $ ipa cert-show 1
>>
>> fileserver1 is the IPA server with PKI-IPA running:
>>
>> [root at fileserver1 ~]# ipa cert-show 1
>> ipa: ERROR: Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to
>> communicate with CMS (Not Found)
>>
>> SELinux is my normal culprit when things don't work. It may be so in
>> this case. My /var/log/audit/audit.log hasn't changed since 11th
>> November.....
>>
>> Unfortunately, temporarily disabling it doesn't seem to help:
>>
>> [root at fileserver1 ~]# setenforce Permissive
>> [root at fileserver1 ~]# ipa cert-show 1
>> ipa: ERROR: Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to
>> communicate with CMS (Not Found)
>>
>> What processes should be running for the certificate server? I have
>> the ns-slapd process and tomcat6 running. The tomcat logs are empty.
>>
>> Dan
>
> It sounds like you have the right processes running.
>
> The dogtag logs are in /var/log/pki-ca. debug is rather verbose and where I
> usually start looking for issues.

The /var/log/pki-ca/debug file hasn't been updated since the 11th
November. I've attached an extract from catalina.out which contains
some pretty severe errors.

To summarise, the errors are:
SEVERE: Error initializing socket factory
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mozilla.jss.ssl.SSLSocket
SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-9443]]
java.io.IOException: Failed to access resource /WEB-INF/lib/osutil.jar

I'd guess that this means I'm missing a package? I'm having trouble
figuring out which one contains the code I'm missing. Maybe I need to
reinstall one?

Thanks,

Dan