[Freeipa-users] nisNet groups in AD

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 16:55:54 UTC 2011

On 11/21/2011 11:48 AM, David Juran wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a customer who is using nisNetgroups in microsoft Active
> Directory to keep track of which users are allowed to access which
> services. I've understood that IPA today does not sync this information
> from AD, is this correct?
>
> What about the future, once we can have trust towards an AD? Would that
> allow us to use the nisNet groups in AD for HBAC and sudo?

Trusts would not help with netgroups.
I wonder if it is something that can be done via a client configuration.

But also why not move netgroups into IPA? Dumping the data into LDIF,
creating a script to convert it to IPA internal netgroups format and

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
Red Hat Inc.