[Freeipa-users] Adding hosts

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 21:21:44 UTC 2011

Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to integrate a kickstart tool written in PHP to add hosts to an
> IPA server.
>
> I found the IpaApi, but there does not seem to be a host_add function:
> http://freeipa.org/page/IpaApi
>
> What would be the best way to do this?

Sorry, this we missed this page when we sought out all the v1 pages a
while back.

Pretty much all functions now have the same format. The first argument
is an array of positional arguments. The second is a struct representing
the options.

An easy way to see how data is passed to a given command is to pass -vv
to the ipa command:

$ ipa -vv host-add test.example.com

This will show the XML-RPC request we make.

In the case of a host you can probably get away with just positional
arguments, I believe all options are, ahem, optional :-)

rob