[Freeipa-users] ipa-client stall on "args=getent passwd admin"

Craig T freeipa at noboost.org
Tue Nov 29 00:52:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was getting a lot of errors with the default ipa-client for Centos 6.0, so I've upgraded Centos 6 to use the RHEL6.2 RPMS for IPA (now version 2.1.1). I get a lot further, but seems to stall right at the end of the ipa-client-install command.

Current Spec;
Server:
RHEL 6.2 Beta
ipa-admintools-2.1.1-4.el6.x86_64
ipa-client-2.1.1-4.el6.x86_64
ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
ipa-python-2.1.1-4.el6.x86_64
ipa-server-2.1.1-4.el6.x86_64
ipa-server-selinux-2.1.1-4.el6.x86_64

Client:
Centos 6.0 x64
ipa-client-2.1.1-4.el6.x86_64

Just an odd error during the "ipa-client-install" command, the installer seems to pause on kerberos;
[root at server-centos-6 ~]# ipa-client-install
Discovery was successful!
Hostname: server-centos-6.example.com
Realm: example.com
DNS Domain: example.com
IPA Server: server-389.example.com
BaseDN: dc=example,dc=com

Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]: yes
User authorized to enroll computers: admin
Password for admin at example.com:

Enrolled in IPA realm example.com
Created /etc/ipa/default.conf
Configured /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
Configured /etc/krb5.conf for IPA realm example.com
SSSD enabled
Kerberos 5 enabled

When run in debug mode it shows this;
Kerberos 5 enabled
root        : DEBUG    args=getent passwd admin
root        : DEBUG    stdout=
root        : DEBUG    stderr=
root        : DEBUG    args=getent passwd admin
root        : DEBUG    stdout=
root        : DEBUG    stderr=
root        : DEBUG    args=getent passwd admin
root        : DEBUG    stdout=
root        : DEBUG    stderr=
root        : DEBUG    args=getent passwd admin
root        : DEBUG    stdout=
root        : DEBUG    stderr=

Advice anyone?

Cya