[Freeipa-users] ipa-client stall on 'args=getent passwd admin'

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 15:01:52 UTC 2011

Craig T wrote:
> I can really see how you came to that conclusion, I'm not sure if I'll get the luxury of choice, due to the servers in our environment. Centos 6.1 could be updated enough, so we might just have to wait for that.

I would think the version you have would work fine.

What it is doing is testing to be sure that nss is working as expected.
It can take some time for sssd to come up, connect to the IPA server,
etc, so we loop and try several times (IIRC 5 in your version) to look
up a known remote user (admin).

If it never does successfully get the admin user you should get an error
that nss_ldap can't be configured (yeah, I know, we're using sssd. We
fixed this). If you aren't getting this message and the client otherwise
seems to be installing ok then things are fine.

rob