[Freeipa-users] freeRADIUS?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 15:14:06 UTC 2011

On 10/04/2011 10:50 AM, Jimmy wrote:
> I've been searching and see a few references to freeRADIUS used with
> FreeIPA, but I don't see any substantial information on the subject. Is
> there a procedure to use FreeIPA with freeRADIUS? I have a standalone
> openldap/freeradius server that I would like to eliminate if possible.

Integrating FreeRADIUS with IPA is on the long term roadmap. It's not as
easy as one might imagine. The fundamental problem is that many of the
RADIUS authentication methods require access to the user's cleartext
password or hashes we feel are insecure. This presents a design issue
for us to resolve, as such it has been pushed out.

Refer to this chart for more information:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?