[Freeipa-users] Windows client logon

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 14:07:56 UTC 2011

Jimmy wrote:
> Just curious about this, the guide that we both refer to provides
> instructions for a windows client authentication but this page indicates
> that FreeIPA doesn't support windows clients:
>
> http://elladeon.fedorapeople.org/ipa/guide/Using_Microsoft_Windows.html
>
> Which is correct?

The guide you referred to was contributed by another FreeIPA user
showing one way to get Windows login working. It does this by mapping
all IPA users to a single windows user (ipauser).

This is not practical for most installations so we don't recommend it.

The roadmap for the next major release of FreeIPA adds AD trust so the
IPA realm can be trusted as part of an AD forest.

rob